Saturday, September 11, 2021

Reaching my limit

Something has got to give. I am at my breaking point. Last Friday I was asked to pick my son up from school. He was having an anxiety attack and mentioned covid symptoms. My ex of course tried to make it into a fight. Because I was focused on tasks in front of me - picking J up, talking to the school nurse, continuing with work, taking care of my baby, getting J to urgent care for a covid test - I didn't respond to his email asking for more details for about 2 hours. Because of the delay, he blew up my phone. This was completely unacceptable. He never once followed up to see how James was doing after I sent the test results. 

Thankfully, I didn't hear from him until Wednesday. But he has decided J can't attend his martial arts classes. Due to his tone when speaking to the owner, the owner hung up on him. The owner called me to discuss options to keep J in the program because he loves it. He ended our call requesting that my ex not enter the facility going forward. Yet somehow my ex firmly believes he has done nothing wrong. 

Ex was not here to talk to or take J to class by 4:35pm, so I took him. This turned into another situation where ex decided it was acceptable to blow up my phone - 2 texts, 3 calls and 2 voice mails - 0 emails. I had the volume off and was getting everyone into my car and then driving so wasn't paying attention to my phone. When I got home I let him know that the harassing communication needed to stop or I would block his number. This response was apparently not appreciated. 

I am just sick of being taken advantage of. He thinks he can do whatever he wants, show up when it's convenient for him and I have to go along with it. That's just not how it's going to be.

I let ex know that we will consider a different activity when he takes the time to find something that fits our schedule and budget. As anticipated, he refuses to put forth any effort. So we continue forward with our plan until he proposes something we could consider. 

The latest thing is requiring both children to wear a mask in his car. When we will he stop using covid as a way to get out of being a parent? I get it, he's terrified of getting sick. But he's vaccinated, so why is he still terrified? I will not allow his fear to run our lives. C refused to even speak to him when he came today.

I'm still hoping he forgets about the petition to move. Less than 2 weeks remains. I am so tired and I need to be done. I am ready to move forward with my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment