Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Can't sleep

The last few days have been tough. My oldest was sick Saturday. Basically she had exactly what I did. At least we knew what to expect. Her tolerance for discomfort is lower though. I wonder if this was a cold, the flu, or covid. We will never know for sure. I also found red bumps all over my baby.. no idea why,, although they are going away quickly..  Sunday we spent at home so she could fully recover. 

Monday was a long day. I worked in the morning. It was nice to be supported by my boss in saying no to a request to basically provide notes for a student. She should be expected to fill in the blanks on the guided notes! I also received notice via email from my ex that he is unavailable to see the kids on Wednesday. Why did he wait until Monday to inform? Such an attempt to mess with scheduling to be sure I can never plan anything in my own life. Bible study was canceled anyway, so it ends up not mattering. Just another thing to add to the list of why we should be allowed to move.  As we were leaving for counseling for the oldest, I answered a call that turned out to be a tutoring opportunity. So God continues to provide ways for me to make ends meet. 

On the way home from counseling, the baby threw up. I didn't even know until we got home because she wasn't crying. I don't know what's wrong but she is having trouble sleeping. I may need to take her in if she is still struggling Wednesday. I worry it is somehow related to her heart. I have cut dairy out of my diet again to see if that is related, but it's already been a few days. I keep praying she is okay.

When we got home, my son was in a terrible mood. He had gotten into a disagreement with his cousin on the computer. But his anxiety is already through the roof with school starting. So he became almost violent when I cut the internet. For the first time in a long time I was a little afraid of him hurting someone, particularly the baby. But eventually he went into the basement to burn off his anger. By not pushing him, he was able to gain control of himself and had a great end to the night at class, had dinner and then did a bonfire. 

Today we do supply drop off for school. It will be interesting to see what his anxiety level looks like before and after. He still asks to homeschool on a daily basis. I'm just praying he calms a bit once the year gets going. It's probably good that he doesn't have to see his father on the first day of school. 

Praying for my kids, their teachers, and their classmates as we head into this new school year. May everyone stay healthy and learn to get along with each other. 

I  am going to try to sleep more now, because today is going to be an incredibly long day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment