Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Moving Forward

Today felt like a marathon of a day. It didn't help that the baby was up at 6:15am and didn't nap much. By 7:30 the dog I'm watching for the week was dropped off. He's a sweetie pie and could actually be really good for my son's anxiety as he returns to school. Our dog will only sleep in my room, so having another dog that sleeps with my son could be good. We will see how it plays out this week.

I got my work done and we took the dogs for a walk. Everyone did well and it was good to get out before the weather got hot. My son helped me install a Ring doorbell. The added security for dog sitting and tutoring will be nice. I will also have access to recordings so my ex can stop gaslighting the kids. We will see if I ever have reason to use it for that. But it's nice to know who is at the door if I'm trapped on the couch with the baby.

I took the kids to supply drop off. They both saw some friends. My son helped other kids figure out their locks. He felt good being one to show others what to do. Hopefully this will help his anxiety with school a little. This morning he was already complaining of a stomachache, so I know tomorrow will be bad. Maybe I will get lucky. We brought the neighbors home since they were waiting for their mom. I enjoy being able to help others out, especially considering how much they have helped me. I always feel bad that I don't have more to offer.

I got to tutor today. I miss building those relationships with students. I am going to start working with this girl weekly via zoom. I will make some extra money and enjoy it, win all around. The mother is also divorced so there's a possibility of a friendship there. God works in unknown ways. This was the first tutor request I have responded to in months. There's even a possible friend for my daughter, as the student is an 8th grader that will go to the same high school next year.

We finished the day with ninjas and gymnastics. My daughter was super upset with how gymnastics went. Add another thing to call about tomorrow. They changed the level for the class after I signed up and I have proof of that. Very frustrating. 

And now I try to settle my brain and prepare for tomorrow morning. If I can make it to 8:15, the rest of the day should be easy. Time to get the baby on more of a schedule. Should be good for all. So I lay my worries in the hands of God. Only He knows the plan. Lord, protect my household and heal my baby's heart. Watch over us tonight as we sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment